In summary, this is a very attractive two-page CV template that makes great use of Microsoft Word’s features whilst minimising the likelihood that a machine will struggle to parse your information.
Here is page two of this beautiful CV template:
- Social media circled – https://www.dafont.com/social-media-circled.font
Please make sure you have these fonts installed before opening up your new template.
Style features of this CV template include:
- Use of the Garamond font for a smart, traditional look.
- Sections to showcase achievements in previous roles which stand out from the text.
- Headers styled using paragraph styling to minimise issues with ATS software.
- Social media icons at the foot of page two, created using a font rather than graphics.
- Skills styled using spacing and shading, to help them stand out whilst minimising issues with ATS software.
Layout features include:
- Personal statement: This is your opportunity to tell the employer who you are, how you meet the main points of the job specification and what you’re looking for.
- Employment history: On many CV templates, this is presented using columns or tables to separate out the job title from the date. To minimise problems with ATS-software, we’ve used paragraph and font formatting instead.
- Education: Again, many CV templates will use columns or tables to pull the dates over to the side of the page. We’ve chosen not to, to avoid possible problems with the CV being parsed.
- Skills: Lots of templates use two columns to allow you to get more skills into the small space available. We’ve instead separated these with a simple forward slash and used paragraph and font formatting to space them in an easy-to-read format. Consequently, you’ve got more space than if you used columns!
- Hobbies / References: These sections are formatted simply, to minimise potential parsing problems.
- Social media: It’s more important than ever before to mention social media accounts and use these as an opportunity to show how you are immersed in your industry. This can be achieved by commenting regularly on industry news, sharing the opinions of thought-leaders within the industry and discussing industry developments. You can also gain a huge competitive advantage by creating a comprehensive LinkedIn profile – see why you should do this here and find out how to do it here.
Disclaimer: Whilst we design our ATS-friendly CV templates according to best practice, there are many ATS packages on the market and (like every other template designer) we cannot guarantee that our CVs will pass through every package without issue.
You may find our ATS guides helpful when customising your CV or resume with ATS software in mind: