This is a text-only preview - download the formatted Word file using the link above.
ALISON McDONALD – Food Services Manager
Address: 12 Carrington Street, Nottingham NG1 2DY | Email: email@example.com
Tel: 07984 182111 | Web: www.alisonmcdonald.com
- 12+ years of experience in a range of food services environments.
- Elevated gross sales of Stapleford Country House 26% in first year as Food and Beverage Services Manager and by 14% or more each year thereafter.
- Cut costs by 17% in my first year at Linen Hotel whilst increasing the quality of both food and service.
- Restored profitability in my final year at Burrito’s from -10% to +15% whilst acting as temporary manager.
Hospitality & culinary management / Budgeting & cost controls / Fine dining/menu development
Front- & back-of-house operations / Guest service excellence / Health & safety audits and training
Quality control Payroll/P&L management / Profit & growth strategy / Supplier/inventory management Recruitment, teambuilding, training and supervision
Food and Beverage Manager
Stapleford Country House, Nottingham
March 2017 – date
Stapleford Country House is a 4-red star luxury hotel with spa, championship golf course, luxury accommodation, country sports and a 2 AA Rosette Restaurant. My role entails managing the day-to-day running of food and beverage operations at the hotel across the restaurant, bar, business and event facilities, ensuring a high standard of service is provided consistently. I have a wide range of responsibilities including:
- Recruiting, training and managing food and beverage staff.
- Reporting and management of the department’s financial performance.
- Management of pricing, ensuring maximum profitability; driving sales and upsells.
- Ensuring best practices across inventory control.
- Negotiation and management of suppliers.
- Ensuring health and safety regulations are complied with.
- Overseeing food preparation – quality, portions, timely delivery
- Building a rapport with guests and dealing with customer complaints.
Food Services Manager
Linen Hotel & Spa, Louth
January 2014 – February 2017
Linen Hotel is a popular 4-star establishment in Louth, with 125 guest rooms and 12 meeting rooms, together with a restaurant, bar and spa. My responsibilities included:
- Leading the team and ensuring they deliver the highest standards of service to the guests
- Planning all aspects across the food and drink outlets, including meeting rooms and events
- Recruit, train and maintain staff in line with business needs and agreed budgets
- Managing all aspects of performance and development for the team
- Planning rotas, carrying out health and safety assessments
- Supervising pricing, costs and budgets to ensure profitability for the department
I left this position due to relocating to Nottingham.
October 2010 – December 2013
This role required me to provide support to the restaurant manager. During the last year of my employment at Burritos, the manager was absent due to maternity so I covered all of their duties. My responsibilities included:
- Hiring and training staff and reviewing performance
- Supervising food presentation, restaurant cleanliness and decor
- Monitoring guest satisfaction during their dining experience
- Assisting the manager with managing inventory
- Liaising with suppliers
- Monitoring pricing and profitability, drafting reports for manager with recommendations
- Carrying out health and safety checks and audits across the premises
- Stock rotation, supervising proper cleaning of kitchen equipment and handling of food, and removal of spoiled or outdated food items.
Assistant Restaurant General Manager (Apprenticeship)
July 2009 – September 2010
Achieving the Level 3 Diploma in Hospitality Supervision and Leadership
July 2008 – June 2009
MSc Business with Hospitality and Tourism Management with Advanced Practice (Merit)
Northumbria University, Newcastle
September 2007 – June 2009
Business and Hospitality Management BSc (Hons) 2:1
ARU University, London
September 2004 – June 2007