Text preview of this CV template:
This is a text-only preview - download the formatted Word file using the link above.
Quantity Surveyor CV
78, High Street, Arnold, Nottingham NG5 8YZ
firstname.lastname@example.org / 07984 123456
I am a highly experienced and commercially astute Quantity Surveyor with a demonstrable track record of working in the construction and utilities industries. Specialising in large-scale commercial management I have considerable expertise acquired during the last four years in managing all stages of the project lifecycle, including implementing effective cost control processes, budget management and contract administration. Highly skilled in negotiation, construction cost control, NEC, JCT and contract management. Client facing with exceptional customer and supplier relationship management, with the confidence to lead successful contract negotiations. Technically advanced, with exceptional analytical, Microsoft Excel and numerical ability.
|Data Analysis||Cost Management & Planning||Health Safety and Quality Compliance|
|Risk Management||NEC 3 & 4 Forms of Contract||Budget & Financial Management|
|Commercially Focused||Managing Pre-Contract Estimations||Reporting, Tendering & Bid Management|
|Supplier & Relationship Management||Bills of Quantity||Contract Administration|
|Advanced Microsoft Excel||Construction Contracts||Negotiation|
Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager | Smith Fibre
October 2017 – Present
Following the completion of my academic and professional training, I secured my first role as a Quantity Surveyor where I was responsible for implementing commercial ways of working and advising clients. I was also involved in supply chain risks, NEC forms of contract and I evidenced strong skills in post-contract management. During this time I worked on a number of multimillion-pound projects where I honed my experience in managing effective cost control processes, budget management and contract control. I have also become the central link for all matters relating to reporting, tendering and payment application negotiations.
- Successfully introduced a series of modified and highly effective pre and post contract commercial management processes and procedures to facilitate effective budget control and contract compliance
- Utilised advanced Microsoft Excel skills to analyse all relevant commercial data and worked closely with the finance team to devise effective cost estimates further resulting in over £500k in savings
- Consulted on the relevant costs and contracts; providing considerable expertise towards the valuation and future scope of the project
Graduate Quantity Surveyor | Gleeds Energy Limited
September 2015 – September 2017
I joined Gleeds Energy Limited as a Graduate Quantity Surveyor, which is a leading construction and utility firm, following the completion of my degree with Coventry University. During the intensive two-year training, I worked towards the Assessment of Professional Competence (APC) and I covered four rotations but I specialised in Cost Control, Cost Management and Cash Management. I worked in close collaboration with the commercial department, where I had the opportunity to work on a number of multimillion pound projects within the healthcare and residential sectors, so I am familiar with NEC 3/4 Forms of Contract. I was also involved in the assessment of contract risks and I supported with the valuations and submission of claims for variations of projects delivered.
- Successfully secured a two-year graduate role within a highly competitive industry and a company that only awards ten Graduate Training contracts out of an initial application pool of over 10K
- Demonstrated a particular interest in cost estimating and cost planning techniques, in addition to cost modelling
- Advanced understanding of construction procurement strategies, including the tendering process for multimillion- pound contracts and contract strategies, including the post-contract cost management process
- Deployed considerable understanding of legislation relating to the impact of high-value building contracts
- Regarded for exceptional problem resolution, negotiation, financial acumen and numerical ability; including successfully leading negotiations for a fee reduction with contracts resulting in over £500K in savings
Assistant Quantity Surveyor | Gleeds Energy Limited
May 2014 – September 2014
I successfully secured a summer internship with Gleeds Energy Limited which then secured me a graduate role. I completed a four-month summer internship where I supported and oversaw a key housing contract of repairs. This was a highly valuable experience and also enabled me to gain exposure within the preparation of estimates and quotations, pricing and managing and income and expenditure of the project.
First Class BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying and Commercial Management | Coventry University (2012-2015)
London Grammar School and Sixth Form
- A Levels Mathematics (A), Physics (A) and (2012)
- GCSEs Including English and Mathematics (2010)
- Member of the Chartered Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS) (2017)
- Member of the Chartered Institution of Building (CIOB) (2017)
Here’s a full preview of page one of this Quantity Surveyor CV template:
Here’s a preview of page two: