Text preview of this CV template:
This is a text-only preview - download the formatted Word file using the link above.
Jess Longsdale | SALES MANAGER
Telephone: 07984 111222 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Website: www.jessblog.com
Address: 123, High Street, Arnold NG5 8DY
- Hard working, confident manager with 5 years’ experience within sales management roles.
- Over 10 years within the retail sector.
- Successfully led sales teams to achieve targets and reach professional goals.
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills, with the ability to build positive relationships throughout the business.
- Keeping up to date with sales strategies and adapting these to suit the needs of the business.
- Organised individual with the ability to work to targets and meet deadlines.
- Drive and dedication to ensure company and individual goals are achieved.
- Achieved ‘Employee of the Month’ 30 times in role as Sales Executive at Look Right.
- Helping the company to grow sales by 40% within role as Sales Manager at Look Right.
- Exceeded targets every month in role at Barmers Construction, received award for the ‘Telesales Executive of the Year’.
Look Right / Sep 2015 – Present
- Promoted from roles as Sales Executive within the organisation.
- Responsible for managing a sales team for a well-known fashion retailer.
- Managing a £1 million sales portfolio.
- Designing and developing sales targets for a team of 20 and managing individual and team performance.
- Developing sales strategies to maximise profits.
- Dealing with difficult calls on behalf of team members and dealing with day-to-day queries from the team.
Look Right / Jan 2005 – Sep 2015
- Making sales calls to prospective customers, using a variety of sales techniques to close the deal.
- Building rapport with customers and managing relationships to ensure repeat business.
- Dealing with customer queries, via email and telephone.
- Working towards goals set out by the Sales Manager and providing cover to the Sales Manager as required.
- Attending weekly sales meetings, setting goals and planning for the week ahead, including new product releases.
- Involved in the recruitment and training of sales staff.
Sharp Shoes / Aug 2000 – Jan 2005
- Building and managing relationships with suppliers and customers.
- Developing sales practices to ensure repeat customers, as well as new customers.
- Generating leads and distributing to relevant sales teams.
- Advising stockists on products and keeping up to date with any new product lines.
- Acting as the first point of contact for sales team.
Sports 4 You / Aug 2000 – Nov 2004
- Welcoming customers into the store, providing a friendly, helpful service.
- Supporting the sales goals, and up-selling products and store cards, where appropriate.
- Offering alternatives where required, and exceeding expectations of any customers entering the store.
- Maintaining the shop standards and ensuring merchandise is kept clear and tidy.
- Replenishing stock as and when required.
J & L / Jul 1998 – Aug 2000
- Dealing with customers at the cash desk, serving, handling cash and upselling other products.
- Receiving and processing deliveries as required.
- Ensuring loss prevention and safety within the store by adhering to company regulations and policies.
- Liaising with external companies as required, including suppliers.
- Ensuring the highest quality of customer service and going the extra mile for customers where possible.
Barmers Construction / Aug 1997 – Jul 1998
- Communicating with potential clients and current clients via telephone, social media and email, selling the services of the company.
- Managing client accounts and keeping track of own pipeline.
- Delivering a high-quality service to customers in order to make sales and retain customers.
- Liaising with other departments as required to deliver on the customer’s expectations.
- Setting and achieving targets, both individually and as part of the team.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION
BA Sales Degree
Modules included: Principles of Sales and Selling, Marketing Communications, Negotiation and Pitching Skills, Strategic Management.
HND Sales and Marketing
Modules include: Marketing Techniques, Services and Event Marketing, Sales and Negotiation, Driving Innovation, The Business Sales Professional.
KEY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERTISE
- Goal Oriented – Works towards and achieves goals set out. Highly target driven.
- Communication – Strong communicator with the ability to lead and manage teams.
- Sales – An exceptional salesperson, with knowledge in a range of sales techniques.
- Organised – Able to manage own workload, and prioritise tasks as required.
- Management – Experienced manager with the ability to motivate staff and help them achieve their goals.
- Retail – Expert within the retail sector, from working as a Sales Assistant to a Sales Manager.
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
Out of work, I love visiting the gym. I’m also a member of a local running club and I compete regularly in organized running events. For the last year, I’ve been coaching and mentoring under 16s in the club.
References are available on request.
Here’s a full preview of page one of this gorgeous Sales Manager CV or Résumé template:
Here’s page two:
How to write a good Sales Manager CV
These sales CV tips will help you write a more effective CV or resume.
Show your results
Sales roles are all about results, so DON’T simply make fluffy sweeping statements.
Provide indicators of your performance, tailoring these to the role you’re applying for.
This could be with sales or revenue figures, or an example of a successful project.
Use action words. For example:
- I achieved…
- I was awarded…
- I delivered…
- I developed…
- I enhanced…
- I established…
- I grew…
- I increased…
- I initiated…
- I inspired…
- I instigated…
- I introduced…
- I motivated…
- I overhauled…
- I rejuvenated…
- I transformed…
Here’s a great list of action verbs provided by MIT to inspire you.
When you use an action word, make sure you provide a specific example. For instance, don’t say ‘I overhauled the Company’. Do say ‘I overhauled the Company’s delivery system, saving on average £20,000 per year’.
Use appropriate keywords
In addition to providing evidence of your sales capabilities, DO use words that your employer might search for online such as the names of specific skills, qualifications or examples of experience that someone doing the role they are advertising might need. The advert will be the best indicator of which words they are likely to use in order to identify what is most important to them.
- Use of particular software or systems e.g. Microsoft Word
- Particular qualifications e.g Sales Management MBA
- Sectors that you have worked in, e.g. B2B, B2C, Finance, Legal
- Awards and memberships, e.g. Association of Professional Sales, National Association of Sales Professionals etc
It can also help to review a job profile for keyword inspiration – try e.g. the National Careers Service.
Note that in the text preview of this template, we’ve included an additional section: ‘Key Knowledge, Skills and Expertise’. In addition to the personal statement / profile, this can be a very effective place to summarise that you meet the recruiter’s criteria.
Write a cover letter
Remember that in many cases you’ll also have the covering letter to support your application. This is a good opportunity to make your case and explain any discrepancies on your CV such as gaps in employment or the reason why you’ve moved around a lot.
See our guide for more help with this: How to write a winning cover letter – what to include
Get an extra pair of eyes
Ask a few friends or relatives to review your finished Sales Manager CV or Résumé template before you send it off to prospective employers. A fresh pair of eyes can be helpful, not only for spotting mistakes, but for identifying any questions that arise from your CV which you might not have thought of.
We do hope you enjoy using our Sales Manager CV or Résumé template and as always, we’d love to hear your feedback.
NB: This CV template was originally published on 6th October 2016 and has been completely updated for 2021.