Text preview of this CV template:
This is a text-only preview - download the formatted Word file using the link above.
- I am a commercially astute Asset Manager demonstrating a detailed understanding of the property market.
- I provide advanced quantitative and analytical skills to give my clients with the most up to date opportunities on their investment portfolios.
- I have exceptional relationship management skills with the ability to build strong partnerships with customers, internal stakeholders and external advisors.
- I have strong communication, interpersonal, negotiation and time management skills.
CLIENT-SIDE ASSET MANAGER (PROPERTY SERVICES)
Peveril Client Services | June 2017-Present
I was headhunted to join a leading private property investment and management company that has clients both in the UK and internationally, with over 1,000 private clients that I have secured during my time with the firm. I perform a wide range of activities relating to financial statement analysis, portfolio allocation, equity research, financial planning and advice. Over the last 3 years, I have specialised in estate and retirement planning.
- Managing a number of multi-million-pound capital works projects and refurbishment projects that returned a client in excess of £100 Million.
- Undertaking an exhaustive appraisal of developments and repositioned assets through refurbishment and redevelopment projects.
ASSET MANAGEMENT ANALYST
Wall Green Financial Services (Property Investments) | September 2013-June 2017
After graduating I secured my first role with Wall Green; a leading property investment company. I have always taken a keen interest in the property market and I wanted to share this passion for property along with my exceptional analytical skills to enable my clients to achieve their financial goals. My responsibilities included strategy formulation across the assets and analysing all relevant data.
- During this time I have excelled and have become the expert in relation to dealing with acquisitions and disposals within the portfolio, devised the asset strategy and financial models and supported with tenancy issues and claims.
ESTATE AGENT INTERN / ESTATE AGENT
Peter Ball Estate Agency | 2008-2010
Whilst at University, I worked part-time within an Estate Agent to further my interest in the property market and advance my understanding of purchases and sales. I initially started in the office where I was responsible for booking viewings, coordinating photographer schedules, preparing property sales packs and I provided a direct liaison between the legal team and our clients. As my experience and confidence grew and during my last year of my degree, I took on my own customers and I was responsible for leading the sales process.
- Instrumental in the successful sale of 25 properties (2013), despite this being my final year at University.
- Advanced my knowledge of the local property market and provided advice to property investors, commercial and residential clients which resulted in receiving highly positive feedback in customer feedback surveys.
BSC ECONOMICS AND FINANCE
Warwick University, Business School (2010-2013)
- Finance and the Economy has always fascinated me and this combined with my interest and experience in property encouraged me to pursue a career as an Asset Manager specialising in property.
- During my degree, I completed a series of modules which included property management.
Warwick Grammar School (2008-2010)
Economics (A), Mathematics (A) and Business
Warwick Grammar School (2006-2008)
12 GCSEs including English and Mathematics (Both Grade A*),
Chartered Member of RICS – Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (Real Estate)
INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES
- Having worked within real estate for over 10 years, I have a detailed understanding and passion for property. I purchased my first house whilst at University and when I was working as an Estate Agent. I successfully refurbished this property and sold on within 6-months. I have continued this passion and I currently have a property portfolio of 25 flats across the South West. I am presently managing the development of an 18th century converted barn.
- DIY has also become another interest of mine and I have since completed a number of evening courses at college, including Basic Carpentry, Plumbing and Joinery which I have been able to put into practice on the properties I manage.
POSTAL ADDRESS: BRIERLEY COTTAGE, SYKES LANE, ARNOLD, NG5 8DY
PHONE: 07984 111 222 | EMAIL: GEOFF.PALMER@GMAIL.COM
LINKEDIN: @GEOFFPALMER47 | TWITTER: @GEOFF_PALMER_ASSETS
Here’s a full preview of page one of this Asset Manager CV template:
Here’s page two:
Here’s page three:
Asset manager job profile
In addition to scrutinising the job specification, it can be useful to consider a typical asset manager job profile when writing your CV. This helps to remind you of the type of experience a recruiter might expect to see on your CV.
The role of asset managers is varied and depends on the sector they work in and their type of employer. They may be managing a portfolio of properties, projects or financial investments. They may be looking after one company’s assets, or they may work for several clients through an investment firm.
Asset managers may do some or all of these tasks:
- Meet with each client to asset what assets they have, their needs, attitude to risk and goals
- Develop a portfolio of investments for each client
- Manage their clients’ assets in accordance with each client’s individual investment goals and preferences
- Ensure that assets are properly maintained (for example, buildings are repaired and safe)
- Maximise value and profitability of the assets
- Continue to meet clients periodically to report on progress
- Prepare financial statements, forecasts and asset management reports for each client
- Study the market, understand trends and identify investment opportunities to suit each client
- Coordinate with various parties such as brokers and property managers
- Build, foster and maintain a positive relationship with each client
- Look to reduce costs where possible, to increase profitability for the client
Some asset managers may also supervise junior members of the team, for example in producing draft financial reports.
Asset manager skills and qualifications
In addition to having a degree in a relevant field (accounting, finance, accounting, business, economics etc), several years of experience and excellent skills in finance and maths, recruiters will also be looking for a range of soft skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical skills
- Critical analysis
- IT skills
- Organisation I
- Time management
Recruiters sometimes require CFA, CTP , AAT / ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA, ICAEW / ICAS or similar. Alternatively for property-focused roles they may like to see MRICS or surveyor experience.
In every case it is essential to study the job description carefully.
- Ensure that the ‘professional profile’ section of your CV addresses the main requirements of the job specification.
- Write a custom covering letter which explains in a little more detail how you meet the main criteria (find out more here).
- If there are any requirements in the job advert that you don’t meet, explain briefly why you think you’d still be a great fit for the role.
- Focus on how you will benefit and add value to the target company, rather than simply talking about your current duties. Past achievements are a great way to do this – use action verbs to frame these.
NB: This CV template was originally published 11th February 2016 and has now been completely updated for 2021.