Text preview of this CV template:
This is a text-only preview - download the formatted Word file using the link above.
124, HIGH STREET, ARNOLD NG5 8DY | 07984 111222 | ALICIA.HAYES@AOL.COM | LINKEDIN: @ALICIAHAYES77
I am an enthusiastic and dedicated Assistant Professor, skilled in devising and delivering programmes focused on raising the attainment and learning needs of students. Demonstrating a strong publication record related to data-based techniques within the social sciences. I effectively utilise my strong interpersonal, communication, and hands-on demonstration skills to present concepts clearly and increase student understanding.
UNIVERSITY OF BATH | (JUNE 2017-PRESENT)
I joined the University as an Assistant Professor post following the completion of my PhD and I have since taken on my Post-Compulsory Diploma in Education Teaching. I currently teach on a number of programmes including the BA in Modern History, BA Ethics and BA Philosophy. I manage a number of seminars and individualised support sessions for students. I also dedicate my time to research and development and I have recently presented my findings at the national history conference in Prague.
- Instrumental in completely overhauling the Moodle page for online assessments, module updates and booking student appointments which improved the overall student experience and enabled students to receive feedback within 12 working days instead of 30.
- Provided pastoral support to students requiring additional support and learning resources due to a disability which resulted in achieving the Student Experience Award at the annual University staff awards.
- Increased the provision of industry work placement through the development of a specific placement module which resulted in a 65% increase in completed placements and maximised Graduate Outcomes Data by 75%.
- Chair of the University Ethics Committee.
- Played a key role in contributing to the development of junior lecturers and research students.
POST DOCTORAL RESEARCHER
UNIVERSITY OF BATH (JULY 2015-JUNE 2017)
I provided my research expertise towards the development and advancement of historical principles, including a history of time through teaching and I completed an analysis of women working in medicine.
- Presented research findings at a number of highly coveted History conferences, including one in Prague, Venice and Vienna.
- Collaborated with research colleagues and support staff internally as appropriate to the research and to actively develop appropriate external contacts and networks relevant to the project and to future to funding opportunities.
- Took responsibility for planning and developing research methods and techniques within the framework of the research programme.
SUBJECT LEADER AND LECTURER OF HISTORY
BATH CITY COLLEGE (MAY 2013-JUNE 2015)
As an Assistant Leader and Lecturer of History, I led the design and delivery of engaging History lessons in conjunction with the National Curriculum. This included updating schemes of work and I maintained the college policies. I ensured the timely provision of feedback and produced subject reports. I originally progressed from a part-time Lecturer before rapidly moving into a senior management role with responsibility to drive educational standards.
- Managed curriculum success rates and the performance indicators for attendance, retention and attendance.
- Appointed as the Personal Tutor, where I was responsible for providing dedicated support, monitoring attendance and ensuring the appropriate support, which increased success rates and outcomes from 84% to 92%.
- Played a central role in all student recruitment activities including interviewing prospective candidates, coordinating events and leading open evenings.
DIPLOMA IN POST-COMPULSORY EDUCATION TEACHING QUALIFICATION
UNIVERSITY OF BATH (2020-2022)
PHD, MODERN HISTORY
UNIVERSITY OF BATH (2016-2020)
MA MODERN HISTORY (MERIT)
WARWICK UNIVERSITY (2013-2015)
BA HISTORY 2:1
UNIVERSITY OF BATH (2010-2013)
3 A LEVELS HISTORY (A*), GEOGRAPHY (A*), AND PHILOSOPHY AND ETHICS (B)
BATH CITY SCHOOL (2008-2010)
- Hoddy A, Hayes A, Held B, Nicholls DG (2001) History of time through the ages from a women’s perspective on working in medicine. Cambridge University Press, pp-1-357
- Collins D, Hayes A, Nicholls DG (2020) Historical perspectives of working in education in the 1970s. Puffin Books, pp-33838-4399393939
I have been Deputy-Chair Governor for Bath Spa School since 2020. As the key feeder school into the University, I work with the school to provide a direct link and promote HE as an option for all students. I have been instrumental in consulting with the school in improving attainment levels at GCSE and A Level History and I have improved retention and teaching standards during the recent Ofsted inspection.
Here’s a full preview of page one of this assistant professor CV template:
Here’s page two:
How to write a CV for an assistant professor
To write a successful CV for an associate or assistant professor role, it’s important to understand what the role entails. This position will almost always have various aspects – for example:
- Undergraduate teaching which may include lectures, tutorials, practical classes, workshops, demonstrations, field excursions, clinical sessions or other types of learning activity, depending largely on the subject taught.
- Postgraduate PhD training and supervision.
- Collaborative research leading to publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Obtaining research funding.
- Fostering collaborations with external organisations to share knowledge and promote your employer.
- Contribution to existing or new course materials in terms of structure, content, form of delivery and method of assessment.
- Administrative and managerial duties.
Every post will have different requirements. For each vacancy, study the job advert carefully to see which of these elements the institution is looking for. Create a separate CV for each application, placing emphasis on the parts of your previous experience that match the employer’s requirements.
The following job description for an Associate or Assistant Professor may be useful when considering what experience and qualities are typically required for this role:
Sample Job Description for Associate or Assistant Professor
Education and Learning Support
- Oversee the design and development of the overall curriculum for the BSc Nursing.
- Design, develop and deliver a range of programmes of study at various levels.
- Lead the development and clarification of academic standards and quality for nursing.
- Working closely with the Associate Dean for Education in the development and implementation of teaching and learning strategy.
- Make a substantial contribution to the development of academic policies across the Institution.
- Publish high quality scholarly learning resources and/or books for wider dissemination.
- Work at a national level to champion selected aspects of disciplinary pedagogy to further education.
- Engage in scholarly research networks beyond the University.
- Lead, as first author, on successful funding proposals.
Liaison and Networking
- Lead and develop internal and external networks to foster collaboration and share information and ideas and to promote nursing and the Institution.
- Participate in internal and external networks in relation to teaching and teaching funding, and consultancy.
- Promote and market the work of the College in nursing both nationally and internationally.
- Contribute to the enhancement of research quality and thinking in nursing by being involved in quality assurance and other external decision making bodies.
Managing people and managing resources
- Act as line manager for matters relating to the employment of staff and ensuring the work is allocated fairly, according to skills and capacity.
- Carry out the role of an Academic Lead i.e. sustaining a shared sense of direction for the discipline and a shared participation in the University and Colleges’ success through engagement with University and College strategies ensuring decisions are taken forward effectively by all staff they lead enabling, supporting and celebrating individual achievement.
- Take overall responsibility for the organising and deployment of resources within own areas of responsibility
Person Specification (Associate Professor level)
- Have a current registered qualification in nursing.
- Possess a depth or breadth of specialist knowledge demonstrated by a PhD in nursing or a related area of health care, or equivalent, of the core knowledge relating to nursing in order to teach and support learning on nursing modules.
- Possess a teaching qualification which is registerable with the NMC.
- Possess in depth knowledge of nursing to enable the development of new knowledge, innovation and understanding in the field.
- Be recognised as an excellent teacher nationally and have worked at a national level to champion selected aspects of nursing pedagogy to further education.
- Possess a thorough understanding of institutional management systems and the wider higher education environment, including equal opportunities issues.
- Have a strong record in attracting scholarship funding.
- Have experience of designing and leading on educational projects regionally/nationally.
- Ideally be a member of the HEA at Principle Fellow level or above.
Source: Exeter University
NB : This CV template was originally published 11th February 2016 and has now been fully updated for 2021.