Text preview of this CV template:
This is a text-only preview - download the formatted Word file using the link above.
54, High Street, West Arnold NG5 8DY
0771 111222 l firstname.lastname@example.org
LinkedIn: @andrewsmith77 l CS Management Blog: www.csmanagement.com
- I am a positive, exceptionally organised and presentable Customer Service professional, who is passionate about delivering exceptional standards whilst also ensuring the achievement of company goals.
- I am attentive to detail with a practical approach to solving problems and the ability to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Following my career break, I am now actively seeking an opportunity to utilise vast expertise within the service sector, with the confidence to make a reliable and hardworking employee for any organisation.
- I am consistently seen as a reliable and highly regarded member of staff, quickly establishing a reputation for effective teamwork skills, the ability to work under pressure with stringent attention to detail.
- I rapidly progressed my career during my time with Tesco, initially joining the company as a Customer Assistant before progressing to Team Supervisor with overall responsibility for leading and developing a team.
- I maintain an overall view of customer service, meeting and exceeding expectations, impacting on store performance and reputation.
- I am a versatile and enthusiastic individual with a wealth of expertise gained in the service sector.
- I have the ability to work effectively on own initiative with the organisation and prioritisation required to achieve tight deadlines
- I am accustomed to utilising a range of internal IT programmes and shop-floor systems. I am level 2 IT certified and I am confident utilising Microsoft Office.
2015 – date
- For the last 6 years, I have focused my attention on raising a young family which has taught me many skills applicable to a working environment including extensive organisation, time management and the ability to manage a budget. I have kept my skills up to date by completing a number of online courses, including IT Level 2 and Customer Service Level 5.
- I supported the running of my daughter’s school’s PTA and played a key role in leading fundraising activities that raised over £1.5k for the school refurbishment.
- I provided support to my husband’s business in relation to managing all responses to administrative and customer enquiries.
- I developed my research skills by reading into various management theories and tools such as function-oriented execution leadership, and launched my own CS management blog 12 months ago.
Customer Assistant | Supervisor – Tesco
June 2013 – June 2015
- I joined Tesco on a part-time basis, initially as a Customer Assistant before progressing to Store Supervisor. I prided myself on my ability to deliver excellent customer service which was recognised by promotion to Store Supervisor. I thoroughly enjoyed working with a busy retail environment and allowed me to complete a wide range of internal training courses.
- Achieved a number of awards for the delivery of excellent customer service as recognised during customer surveys and feedback from team and colleague observations.
- I identified a number of new processes that were successfully implemented by management to further improve efficiency in the warehouse.
- I adapted to working on a number of different departments, including bakery, customer service, fashion and fresh produce, which required me to complete a series of specific departmental training courses.
- I managed a small team on the night shift, including training and managing their performance.
Customer Assistant – RSPCA
May 2012 – July 2012
- I worked part-time and on a voluntary basis to gain experience within customer service. My responsibilities included stock replenishment, sales and marketing, updating the company website and ensuring the shop was clean and presentable.
- I was regarded for the ability to deliver excellent customer service and quickly learning the new internal system.
Education and training
- IT Level 2 and Customer Service Level 5 (Online Courses)
- Customer Service Excellence, Sales Techniques and Up-selling techniques Course (Internal Tesco Courses)
- 8 GCSEs, including English and Mathematics
Interests and Activities
- I enjoy a wide variety of interests including learning online courses and I have focused a lot of my time to learning new skills, including most recently an IT and a child development course
- I enjoy being creative with my family, this involves all things baking and growing and making home produce.
- Gardening is also another passion of mine, I have successfully completely redesigned and landscaped my garden.
Here’s a full preview of page one of this sample CV with gaps in employment:
Here’s page two:
Points to note
- This sample CV with gaps in employment neatly demonstrates how candidates can handle a career break on their CV. Rather than leaving the break off, the example candidate explains what skills they have acquired during the break, and how they have kept their knowledge up-to-date. In the example, raising a family has in itself built on the candidate’s soft skills, such as organisation and time management. In addition, the candidate has taken a number of online courses, and started a blog that has allowed them to showcase their customer service management knowledge.
- Find out more about explaining gaps on your CV here.
- Find out more about writing a cover letter to explain gaps here.
NB: This CV template was first published 11th February 2016 and has been completely updated for 2021.