We’re very proud of our brand new Box Detail CV template and we hope you love it just as much as we do! Here are some pointers to help you get the most out of your free download:
- Don’t worry if your copy of Word is one of the older versions. We’ve saved this CV template as a .doc file (rather than the newer .docx format) so most people will be able to open it, even if their copy of Word isn’t up to date.
- Make sure you have Arial installed on your word processing application. Otherwise this particular CV template won’t look quite as it is intended to.
- Do you have a personal website? If not, it’s a great opportunity to provide more information about what you can do. Include it with your contact information (next to your email) and of course, make sure it is up to date and creates the right impression.
- Always write in the first person – i.e. “I worked here … I did this” – rather than the third person – i.e. “Joe Bloggs has a great reputation for web design”. Writing in the third person is incredibly pretentious – it implies you’re too important to have written your own CV – and it won’t go down very well with most recruiters.
- Most people have a misconception that CVs should contain language such as “I work well in a team” “I am hard working” “I am committed”. While the odd statement like this won’t do much harm, focus on facts and achievements. It is better to give an example of how you worked well as a team or how you have been a hard worker, than to actually tell people you are – which will often just be seen as fluffy meaningless words. With real examples, your would-be employer can reach the conclusion themselves from your example.
- Once you’ve filled in all your details, get a few friends or family members to have a quick look few. A fresh pair of eyes is perfect for spotting errors or identifying anything missing that you might not have thought of.
We wish you every success finding your perfect job using our Box Detail CV template and we would love to hear about your successes!
NB: A new design for this template was uploaded 8th September 2018.