A brand new look for our old Helvetica template, with better spacing and a far bigger focus on achievements.
Text preview of this CV template:
This is a text-only preview - download the formatted Word file using the link above.
Address: 123 The Street, The Town, NG1 234
Tel: 01234 567890
Twitter: @james_smith | LinkedIn: @jamessmith3 | Instagram: @james123 | Pinterest: @jamessmithmarketing
- BA Hons Marketing (1st Class Honours)
- Demonstratable track record of success supporting the marketing and commercialisation of multi million pound businesses
- Strong digital and social experience and understanding
- Strong team leader, with natural mentoring capabilities
- Ability to anticipate issues and respond quickly, flexibly and creatively to solve problems and address commercial market challenges
April 2015 – date
Influencer Marketing Manager | BLUE MEDIA SEO
I am responsible for engaging and promoting the brand at every opportunity, managing and working with influencers’ PR agencies and creating engaging articles.
My main responsibilities include:
- Managing budgets.
- Tracking KPIs daily/weekly/monthly.
- Maintaining strong relationships with current influencers and recruiting new influencers and brand ambassadors.
- Providing communication across all business matters for creators, brand extensions, industry trends and revenue opportunities.
- Monitor analytics to understand best practices.
- Tailoring contracts to each influencer.
March 2012 – March 2015
Digital Marketing Manager | HODOWN MEDIA
My responsibilities included:
- Planning and executing web, SEO, email and social media campaigns.
- Planning and executing offline marketing campaigns.
- Maintaining, improving and growing clients’ social media presence.
- Planning and writing content for digital and print media.
- Forecasting, measuring and reporting performance of campaigns.
I designed an email campaign for Client LD which generated 534 new sign-ups to their online music lesson subscription (approx. 43% of the list).
I created a killer piece of content for Client RD which attracted 40+ high quality links for their website.
Through promoting my weekly blogs for Client RT through a brand new newsletter and social media, I increased the client’s website traffic by 45%/month in six months.
My social campaigns for Client UY helped grow their mailing list from 52 subscribers to 5,621 active subscribers over 3 months.
I WOULD BE PLEASED TO SHARE DETAILS OF THE ABOVE PROJECTS DURING AN INTERVIEW (CLIENT PERMISSION OBTAINED).
March 2010 – February 2012
Marketing Executive | BIG HAND MEDIA
My role at this busy agency included:
- Creating and optimising all email campaigns via a CRM.
- Managing and developing all social media activities including content creation and analytics.
- Managing both paid and organic search campaigns using advanced SEO techniques and Google AdWords (PPC).
- Creating copy for press releases, blogs, newsletters and website content.
- Running advertising and print campaigns.
- Line management of one direct report.
- Budget management.
January 2008 – February 2010
Marketing Junior (PPC) | SEO2U
In this role I worked with a wide portfolio of clients where I set up websites and managed accounts with the goal of increasing visitors, calls and return on investment using paid advertising. I also planned and executed landing pages for dedicated product ranges or services and optimised the user experience.
- Experience in setting up and optimizing PPC and Google AdWords campaigns
- Google Adwords Certifications
- Intermediate HTML and CSS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as strong time management skills • Good attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns
- Highly capable of brainstorming and presenting new creative growth strategies
Hobbies and interests
When I’m not at work, I love going to the gym and keeping fit. I enjoy running and I regularly take part in half marathons, sometimes raising money for charity.
I also love rowing and take part in local competitions several times each year.
Nelly Roberts, Manager, Blue Media SEO, 123, High Street, Nottingham NG1 234
email@example.com | 0115 9123456
George Lee, SEO Manager, Hodown Media, 234, High Street, Nottingham NG1 456
firstname.lastname@example.org | 0115 9234567
“James is a highly competent at planning and executing web, SEO, email and social media advertising campaigns.”
NELLY ROBERTS, BLUE MEDIA SEO
“James has the innate ability to brainstorm and present incredible new and creative growth strategies.”
GEORGE LEE, HODOWN MEDIA
“James has real knack for generating truly original ideas and methods which constantly exceed clients’ expectations.”
SAM JONES, BIGHAND MEDIA
Some of the content in this CV has been adapted from Total Jobs
A smart two-page general CV template created using tables, with a focus on your career and achievements. Extra space for reference quotes is included.
Blue layout general CV template: page two
Here’s page two of this template:
Fonts required for this general CV template:
Acme (this is used for the quotation marks): https://www.cvtemplatemaster.com/fonts/Acme____.ttf
Open Sans: https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Open+Sans
You’ll find it easier to edit this general CV template if you turn on text boundaries. Here’s how: https://www.cvtemplatemaster.com/careers-advice/how-to-edit-your-cv-template/#edit5
What’s new with this general CV template?
Here’s the old version of this CV:
Helvetica Blue Layout Word CV template (free)
Blue layout general CV template – so what’s changed?
We like to keep our readers up to date with the latest CV templates. In our new design above we’d like to inform you of what’s changed and how great this new one is. Read on to find out more…
More space for social
It’s now more important than ever before to demonstrate to employers that you are immersed in your industry, and particularly for certain jobs (Politics, Marketing and Law are examples). We’ve therefore included a lot more space for your social profiles on this updated version.
Space for references
Although we always include space for two references at the bottom of our CV templates, we’ve also included space in this version for small quotes from those references which adds to your credibility. You won’t come across another CV that does this – it adds a nice touch!
Space for achievements
Nowadays, with applicants ten-a-penny, recruiters are more interested in what you’ve achieved than what your job description was. That’s why we’ve included a generous space on page two for you to wow employers with what you’ve achieved in previous roles. Your past performances and accolades are more likely to impress than a simple list of skills, tasks and responsibilities. You need to show the employer what you’re capable of.
A better font
Whilst we love Helvetica, we think there are lots of other fonts that offer a crisp, easy-to-read experience. Open Sans is a firm favourite (as you can probably tell from the number of CVs we have which use it) and that’s why we’ve switched to this lovely free font in the updated version. Furthermore, you can revert back to Helvetica if you wish, or any other font of your choosing.
If you’re not sure which font is best to use, here’s a great infographic from the Undercover Recruiter.
There’s more space
Today’s CV layout standards require clean fresh designs and our previous design felt a little cluttered. That’s why this updated version has a lot more space, making it more legible and easy-on-the-eye.
A second page
Our original version of this template had just one page, and our updated version has two. Because the template has been built with tables, it’s a little tricky adding a second page yourself. We’ve done all the work for you so you have as much room as you need (and sections can easily be taken away by deleting rows).
Our old version of the template had place-holder information – the new version has real-life examples to help you write your own awesome CV!
Do you love the new version of our Blue Layout CV, or did you prefer the old version? Leave us a review or comment below!