UPDATE: Check out our most recent article on job sites ‘Where can I find job vacancies? (UK)‘
Here are the most popular general job sites for finding job vacancies:
- AllTheTopBananas is a brilliantly named job site search engine which allows searching for jobs by region and title across the Internet, pulling in results from many different places and saving you time browsing individual job sites.
- Job Centre Plus – often overlooked, here’s the job centre’s search facility for jobs it has listed. Search for jobs by location, title, distance, hours, working pattern, when listed and more.
- JobSearch – is a job site attracting more than 1.8 million hits per month, JobSearch is part of the Trinity Mirror Digital Recruitment group, a
collection of niche job websites including totallylegal(lawyers), PlanetRecruit (IT professionals), The Career Engineer, SecsintheCity (secretaries) and GAAPweb (accountancy and finance professionals).
- Fish4jobs – one of our favourite job sites and ever popular, allowing job searches by sector, distance and title.
- JobSite – award winning jobs board with good features such as the ability to upload your CV and let recruiters find you, as well as to receive personalised jobs by email alerts.
- LocalRecruit is a job site that pulls in results from many partner sites such as TotalJobs and Monster, but allows you to search regionally, which can be really useful.
- Monster – popular jobs site with jobs updated daily – thousands of jobs and a great CV builder that helps you create an online CV for job advertisers to find.
- Reed is a London-based recruitment agency turned job site, offering more than 100,000 jobs across many industries. They get around 3.6 million hits a month.
- Total Jobs – another of our favourite job sites, with over 100,000 jobs currently listed making it a site worth checking regularly. The ability to search for jobs within a sector makes searching more effective than on many other sites. Total Jobs is the group behind CareerStructure.com, Caterer.com, Catererglobal.com, CWJobs.co.uk, RetailChoice.com and Salestarget.co.uk.
The following job sites specialise in IT jobs:
- Listing twice as many jobs as their nearest competitor, IT Job Board is a good choice for hundreds and thousands of IT professionals and industry leading companies including Google, IBM, Oracle, Accenture and Cap Gemini.
- CW Jobs draws over 320,000 IT candidates monthly, attracted by the opportunity to search thousands of IT jobs from the UK and Ireland’s leading employers and generating more than 340,000 job applications.
- Technojobs is an award winning website, with over 21,000 new jobs advertised monthly. Having been online since 1999, they’ve worked with some of the biggest brands in the UK.
- IT Jobs Online offers over 10,000 IT jobs to search or browse through.
The following is a Business Analyst job site:
Exactly as the name suggests, BusinessAnalystJobs.co.uk is a site dedicated to those who are already Business Analysts and those who wish to break into that field. Not just a job site, this is a portal containing everything you’ll need to pursue and develop your career as a Business Analyst – at whatever level and in both contract and permanent roles.
With articles, resources, a free CV review, featured recruiters and a directory of recruitment agencies specialising in these roles, the site offers a one-stop solution for Business Analysts, removing the need to search through irrelevant vacancies and articles. Register for job alerts by email and, based on your preferences and criteria, relevant opportunities will be sent directly to your inbox.
The BusinessAnalystJobs.co.uk site is owned and managed by the Technojobs Group who have been in the online recruitment market since 1999. Technojobs operate a number of specialist recruitment sites providing solutions to both recruiters and candidates.